This story ran in the Austin American-Statesman this morning. Obviously, the headline writer is not familiar with the word "polity." Click the story link to see pictures from previous years, including a famous shot of our seminary president. I'll post the results later today!
Update: The final score was
APTS 20, ETSS 16!
A reporter/photographer from the Austin American-Statesman covered the entire game. Hopefully we'll be in tomorrow's paper!
I caught these videos over at Hot Air, of all places. At first I thought the idea was clever, but I now have nagging feelings of ambivalence because the ads rely on a false dichotomy. What do you think about these parody ads by the Community Christian Church?
This responsory list is making the rounds in the blogosphere. Thanks to The Anchoress for inspiring me to supply my own responses (I needed the break from my remaining school projects):
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Yes. Er... I have to pick? Okay. Whatever tastes better spiked with good Presbyterian Scotch. I'll go on a limb and suggest that eggnog wins the taste test. I'll try it out and let you know. Maybe.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa wraps, baby. The element of surprise is a key Santa-esque mark of authenticity.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White, the white light pierced into the darkness of the world.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No. I prefer to kiss only my fiancée, and we don't need encouragement from some silly piece of shrubbery.
5. When do you put your decorations up? Way to early, I'm afraid. We're in Advent, people! Christmastide isn't for several weeks.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? This is going to sound kind of lame, but I love mashed potatoes and giblet gravy.
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? I remember my dad walking around with the 8mm movie camera with a HUGE lamp to light the scene.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I learned the truth late in grade school. A friend disclosed the truth at church, of all places.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Never! (Almost.)
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Mom has always decorated the family tree. She's so good at it that I've told her she should turn pro. Seriously.
11. Snow! Love it or dread it? Totally love it. I'm a snowboarding fanatic.
12. Can you ice skate? Yes. Generally, I'm the source of great amusement when I ice skate.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Sara gives me most meaningful gift I've ever received - her love.
14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? The Incarnation. Without that, we'd be lost.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Pumpkin Pie with real whipped cream.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Christmas breakfast with the family.
17. What tops your tree? An angel.
18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? I love watching the reaction of those I've given gifts.
20. Candy canes: yuck or yum? I love 'em. Sticky good.
21. Favorite Christmas movie? Why, A Christmas Story, of course. A classic. "You'll shoot your eye out, kid."
22. What do you leave for Santa? Chocolate chip cookies and an ice-cold glass of milk. This was an easy thing to remember, because chocolate chip cookies with ice-cold milk happens to be one of my dad's favorite evening time snacks.
ALMIGHTY God, give us grace that we may cast away the works of darkness, and put upon us the armour of light, now in the time of this mortal life in which thy Son Jesus Christ came to visit us in great humility; that in the last day, when he shall come again in his glorious majesty to judge both the quick and the dead, we may rise to the life immortal; through him who liveth and reigneth with thee and the Holy Ghost, one God, now and for ever. Amen.